Personal data we may collect about you
For example, we will obtain your personal data when you register to use our app, visit our website, send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason and sign up to a service.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data was obtained. These purposes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- customising our website or app and their content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to our website or app or to the Services that may affect you;
- security vetting; and
- improving our Services.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
We will, upon your written request to us (see contact details and requirements below), allow you to enquire about the ways in which your personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed within a year before the request, unless we are required or authorised to do so by law, to deny your request for access to your personal data.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a reasonable administrative fee as may be further notified by us, to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
- attach a cheque in the amount as notified by us made payable to Religious Rehabilitation Group.; and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details); and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Cancelling your Subscription
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing (via an e–mail sent to email@example.com with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable)
- provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details).
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at our registered office at RRG Resource & Counselling Centre, 583 Geylang Road Singapore 389522.